Sneak in some extra veggies with these oven baked cauliflower hashbrown patties. Made with cauliflower, spices, and cheddar cheese this low carb hashbrowns recipe not only makes a delicious breakfast side but a healthy snack as well.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Is there anything cauliflower can’t do?
I’ve seen it in dips, in place for rice and mashed potatoes, I’ve even seen it in cake recipes.
These homemade hash brown patties made from cauliflower are a great way to get in an extra serving of vegetables at breakfast time.
Looking for more cauliflower recipes? Check out these 25+ Healthy Recipes Using Cauliflower Rice That are Both Easy and Delicious.
Dairy Free Options
This recipe for cauliflower hashbrowns uses cheddar cheese. If you’re vegan or looking for a dairy free alternative, experiment with the following ingredients:
- Dairy free cheese (like Daiya).
- Nutritional yeast
I personally haven’t tried the above recommendations, but I will be doing the nutritional yeast next (I love nutritional yeast).
Storing and Reheating
Store in an airtight container (I like these ones) in the fridge for 3-4 days.
You can reheat these in the microwave, but they will be softer and could fall apart. If you would like them to hold their original shape, reheat them in the oven or on a frying pan.
Yes, they can be stored in the freezer for a month. I recommend flash freezing them.
Place the hashbrowns on a baking sheet and freeze. Then remove them, place them in a resealable bag, and place them back in the freezer. This prevents them from sticking together.
How to make cauliflower hashbrown patties
These patties couldn’t be any easier to work with.
The secret is to really work at getting all the moisture out of the cauliflower. You can use a paper towel, tea towel, cheesecloth, etc.
Squeeze that baby good and get every last drop of water out. This is key!
Then you’ll simply mix all the ingredients together and form them into patties. They will be soft and you’ll be questioning the recipe but they do hold up when they’re fully baked.
The baked cauliflower hashbrown patties are not crispy (try baking them longer) but they do hold their shape and can be picked up. If yours are crumbling, try cooking for a little longer and let cool completely.
Serve these potato free hash browns with your eggs, pancakes, or as a treat in the day (I totally did this). I liked them with a little bit of Valentina Hot Sauce, the kids preferred it with ketchup.
Healthy Breakfast Recipes on Randa Nutrition
- Easy Chicken Apple Breakfast Sausage
- Easy Healthy Christmas Breakfast Ideas
Strawberry Rhubarb Protein Overnight Oats
- Sweet Potato Hashbrowns
I’m curious, do you prefer sweet or savoury breakfasts? Let me know in the comments.
Cauliflower Hashbrown Patties
- Heat the oven to 350F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Chop the cauliflower into pieces and add those pieces to a high powered blender or food processor. Pulse until it becomes cauliflower rice.
- Squeeze the cauliflower rice in a nut milk bag, paper towel, or tea towel to remove the liquid. Take time to do this step other wise the patties will fall apart.
- In a large bowl add all of the ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Form the mixture into hash brown patties on the sheet pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning them over at the half way mark. Remove from the oven and cool.