If you’re here, you’re probably a lot like me and are tired of all the diet fads popping up and promising quick fixes (when in the past they set you back a few steps).
If you’re tired of the false promises and depriving yourself of the foods you love then you have come to the right place.
For those who don’t know me, my name is Randa Derkson. I’m a Certified Holistic Nutritionist, a Culinary Nutrition Expert, a Certified Sports Nutrition Consultant, and a former fad dieter.
I’m here to teach you realistic nutrition.
What’s realistic nutrition?
Realistic nutrition is knowing that your two year old is probably not going to eat your kale and endive salad, but maybe they’ll try enjoy some chopped veggies. It’s knowing you can enjoy a slice or two of pizza with your family but serving it with a side salad (or raw veggies) so you don’t overeat and feel gross after.
It’s making smart swaps in your baking by reducing your sugar (even just by 1/4 cup) or changing the recipe to work with your nutritional goals.
Most importantly, it’s education that food is not moral. It’s not good or bad and I’m going to show you that you can have a cupcake at a birthday and it won’t undo your progress. Enjoy that cupcake…then continue to eat as you normally would!
I’m here to help you establish healthier habits while still living your life.
All foods fit, and to get started I recommend checking out the macro guide above. It’s a great resource to get started to seeing foods as what it is – food. Delicious food that can both entertain your tastebuds and serve your body.
Work with Me
If you’re looking to work with me as your nutrition coach, you can find more information about that here. Spaces are limited each month.
Want to get started with macros but are looking for a budget-friendly DIY approach? Food Freedom, Your Way is for you. This gives you the method I set up and teach my 3 month clients. If you feel stuck, I do have an option for you to book a call with me.
Easy Healthy Recipes
Here are a few popular recipes on the blog to get started with.
I also share health related resources from talking about the health benefits of certain foods to tips for a successful meal prep.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Healthy Eating Tips for Busy Moms
- Meal Prep Tips and Tricks
- The Ultimate Guide to Collagen
- Healthy Pizza Delivery Options
- 11 Convenient Healthy Foods to Have On Hand
- 10 Things to Do Before 10 Am
- Stop Sugar Craving with These Tips
Ready to Jump In?
If you’re looking for more of I want to get started but don’t know how here are some fantastic resources for you:
- 30 Days to a Healthier You Email Challenge. I send you a daily challenge for 30 days to transform your health in bite-sized solutions.
- Healthy 7 Week Meal Plan. Take the stress out of meal planning and let me do the work for you. I have included 7 weeks of realistic and healthy meal plans to fuel your body, keep you full, and help you FEEL AMAZING!
- Food Freedom Your way. I teach you how to calculate your macros, and how there are no good or bad foods. Want cake? Go for it. All food fits. Let’s ditch fad diets forever.
Connect and Community
I’d love to hear from you. Feel free to reach out by sending me an email or by reaching out on social media.
Pinterest Instagram YouTube Facebook Twitter
I also hope to see you in the Realistic Nutrition Club, a free community on Facebook where we share recipes and chat health!