This creamy coconut curry chicken skillet recipe is an easy one-pot meal that saves on dishes while nourishing our bodies.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Coconut Curry Chicken Skillet
I’m always trying to simplify things in the kitchen. Dishes are my nemesis so if I can save a few at dinner time, I’m a happy girl.
What I appreciate about this recipe is that I cook everything in one pan and only worry about the curry sauce bowl, and our plates and cutlery after the fact.
What Vegetables Go with Coconut Curry?
With flavorful curry sauces, I’d say you could almost get away with anything. What I did for this recipe, is I cleaned out my fridge. I had some broccolini to use up so I added that (worked amazing).
I also found some spiralized butternut squash in the freezer, so I added that in as well. The butternut squash did alter the flavor a bit to the overall dish. It was good, but honestly, I’d probably go with something bland like cauliflower rice next time.
Coconut Curry Vegetables:
- Green beans
- Sweet Potatoes
Some area, but this recipe for the one pan curry chicken isn’t. It has a creamy, nutty base with a bright splash of lime.
You can add flour or (for a gluten-free option) cornstarch or arrowroot powder to the curry but I like to cook it down. It won’t be super thick, but it still makes a nice sauce.
For this recipe, I used a red curry paste. The Thai Kitchen brand is my favorite, but I have used a generic grocery store brand too when it’s sold out.
No, it will be too watery. I highly recommend sticking to the recipe and using canned coconut milk (the full fat version). You will be able to find it in the Asian cuisine section of your local grocery store.
How to make a One Pan Curry Chicken Skillet
This recipe is so easy to make. It only dirties one pan, so clean up is a breeze.
They key to this recipe is to brown the chicken first in the skillet. This adds a lot of flavor to the sauce when it gets mixed in.
More healthy chicken recipes:
- Thai Chicken Veggie Noodle Salad with Creamy Peanut Dressing
- Healthy Chicken Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 13 Healthy Ground Chicken Recipes
Coconut Curry Chicken Skillet
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Heat the coconut oil on the skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and fry for 4-5 minutes per side.
- While the chicken is frying, in a bowl combine the coconut milk, red curry, almond butter, lime, garlic, and zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the curry sauce into the pan, bring to a simmer, spooning it over the chicken. Pop in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare your sides (rice, cauliflower rice, or squash noodles) and steam the broccolini in the microwave for 4 minutes with a little water in the bowl.
- Take the chicken out, Add the broccolini to the skillet to coat with the sauce.
The nutrition information is calculated using a third party resource. The accuracy varies on the brands used, weight, portions, etc. This resource should be used as a guide. If you want more accurate information, weigh in grams and log in MFP.