This chicken zoodle soup recipe is a gluten-free soup recipe twist on a comfort food classic. It’s the perfect way to add in an extra serving of vegetables in a tasty way for beginners. Safe for Whole30 recipes, keto diets, 21 Day Fix, plus its clean eating that the whole family can enjoy.
Chicken Zoodle Soup
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I always have a batch of chicken soup in the freezer. Whenever I have a leftover rotisserie chicken from the grocery store (or after cooking a whole chicken) I make a homemade broth, toss some vegetables in it and freeze it.
Trust me, it’s heaven-sent when you’re sick and have no energy to make food for yourself or the family.
I love having soothing soup on hand for those reasons. I swear it makes the world of difference during the winter months when the cold and flu season crush my household (thanks school).
How to make zoodles
Making zoodles (zucchini noodles) is easy! All you need is a spiralizer. I currently have this attachment for my food processor but here are a few spiralizers you can grab from Amazon:
The funny thing is, I’m not even a big fan of zucchini or zucchini noodles. I try to like it, I want to like it, but it’s the squash taste that throws me off most off the time.
That being said, this soup is delicious. My husband, myself, and my son loved it.
I’m a big picky eater, not to mention my child so when we both approve of something – you can trust it’s a win.
How to make chicken zoodle soup
So my soup had a little southwestern feel to it. Play around with it and see what you can come up with.
You may also like these recipes
- Chicken Friend Cauliflower Rice
- Gluten Free Homemade Buns
- Gluten Free Biscuits
- Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Chicken Zoodle Soup
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 2 large carrots peeled and cut into half moons
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 8 cups homemade bone broth or chicken broth
- 1-2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 tbsp chicken base I use Better Than Boullion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Rosemary sprig
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 large zucchini spiralized
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, heat up the olive oil. Add the onion, carrot, and celery and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the zucchini, bring to a boil, cover and turn to a simmer. Let it simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Add the zucchini noodles and let it cook through for 4-5 minutes.