This Instant Pot Latin Chicken and Rice is a one-pot wonder! Pair with a tangy hot sauce for one delicious gluten free meal!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pressure Cooker Latin Chicken and Rice
Do you have an Instant Pot? No? Well stop right now and get one! It’s literally the best thing since sliced bread. It’s SO versatile that it can replace your slow cooker, pressure cooker, rice cooker, and steamer, I’m all for multi-use appliances!
See also: Instant Pot vs Ninja Foodi.
I personally have an Instant Pot and a Ninja Foodi. Both do the same thing.
I’ve been loving making Instant Pot Rice, it comes out perfectly fluffy every time. I’ve also been loving this Instant Pot BBQ Chicken! What a better way to liven it up than to throw in some additional ingredients for a complete meal!
This all in one dinner is ready in less than 30 minutes with the help of the Instant Pot. The chicken is crisp, the rice is fluffy, and the veggies are perfectly tender and flavorful. What more could you want?
I pair this recipe with a quick and tangy hot sauce, the recipe for which you can grab here from Wicked Spatula. Try switching up the jalapeño for a habanero and you’ll fall in love.
Don’t have time to make your own? Go for your favorite (mine is Valentina).
If you’re into meal prepping this is a great recipe to add to your rotation since it makes about 6 servings.
How to Make This Recipe Low Carb
If you’re looking at reducing the carbohydrate count in this recipe, I have a simple swap for you.
Leave out the rice. You would have to reduce the liquid. I would probably do about 1/2 cup of chicken broth instead of three cups. (This is an estimation, I haven’t tested it yet.)
I would them steam a bag of cauliflower rice and serve it with that.
How to Make this recipe 21 Day Fix Compliant
For starters, you’ll have to swap the rice for brown rice to be 21 Day Fix approved, which is easy enough.
Full recipe: 4 green, 6 red, 14 yellow, 6 tsps.
Per serving: 2/3 green, 1 red, 2 1/3 yellow, 1 tsp.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
Pressure cooker recipes you’ll love
- Pressure Cooker Pot Roast Soup
- Hidden Veggie Tomato Sauce
- How to Make Bone Broth in the Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot
Don’t forget, if you’re looking to establish healthy habits (like adding more vegetables to your diet in fun and tasty ways) be sure to secure a spot in the 30 Days to a Healthy Habits Challenge.
Instant Pot Latin Chicken and Rice
- 1.5 lbs bone-in skin-on chicken thighs cut into 1″ cubes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon corainder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium bell pepper 1/2 green, 1/2 red
- 4 medium green onions
- 1 medium roma tomato diced
- 1 10 oz bag frozen peas and carrots
- 3 cups long grain white rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Combine the onion, green onion, bell pepper, cilantro, and garlic in a food processor and pulse until minced, set aside.
- Push the saute button on the Instant Pot and drizzle in the oil. Once hot add the chicken to the pot and cook 2-3 minutes per side until golden. Add in the spices, stir to combine.
- Add the minced vegetables to the pot with the chicken and stir to combine. Let cook 1-2 minutes. Pour in the peas and carrots, tomato, rice, and broth. Stir.
- Turn the Instant Pot off to clear off the saute setting, cover then push the rice button. Make sure the venting seal is closed. Once the time is up let the pressure come down for 10 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Serve with hot sauce.
How to Make this recipe 21 Day Fix CompliantFor starters, you’ll have to swap the rice for brown rice to be 21 Day Fix approved, which is easy enough. Containers: Full recipe: 4 green, 6 red, 14 yellow, 6 tsps. Per serving: 2/3 green, 1 red, 2 1/3 yellow, 1 tsp.
If you like this recipe, please leave it a 5 star review and don’t forget to drop a comment! I also love hearing of any swaps you made. Did you add any extra veggies?