This recipe for rainbow spring rolls is a fun way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet in a pretty package. Dip them in the fruity pineapple dip that has a bit of bite, and it’s a recipe to remember that’s perfect for the summer months (or the months you wish were summer).
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Rainbow Spring Rolls
I love a fresh spring roll recipe. There is something magical about bright colors vegetables wrapped together in a rice paper wrapper. They’re fun, and if you’re a dipper like I am – they’re the perfect lunch.
What can you put in spring rolls?
The options are truly endless. From vegetable spring rolls to spring rolls made with chicken, shrimp, or beef there are so many different ideas here..
Spring Roll Filling Ideas
- Tuna, salmon and other fish
- Crab and other shellfish
- Bell peppers
- Bok Choy
- Banana peppers (or other spicy peppers)
- Cilantro/basil/various herbs
- Sweet potato
Other filling ideas
- Ramen noodles
- Cashews and/or other nuts/seeds
- Chia seeds
- Hemp hearts
As you can see from this list, you can basically try anything. Feel free to experiment in the kitchen and create your own tasty spring roll recipe.
How to Wrap Spring Rolls
Listen, your first roll is going to be a hot mess. A tasty hot mess, but still a hot mess. That’s okay, you’ll learn how tight you need to roll it as you go on.
- Soak the spring roll wrapper in a dish of water (a pie plate works well). It will be ready once you start playing with it.
- Lay it down and start layering your toppings in the middle of the wrapper.
- Fold the bottom to the center, then take the right side, fold it over the toppings and roll once. Fold down the top and keep rolling tight.
Tip: If it’s super flimsy, simply wrap it with a second rice paper wrapper.
Rainbow Chicken Spring Roll Recipe
This recipe for healthy chicken spring rolls have a ton of raw vegetables in them for a filling and and high fiber lunch or dinner. The ingredients are easy to find either at your local grocery store or on Amazon.
Supplies and Ingredients Needed:
- Rice paper wrappers
- Purple cabbage (I love the color this adds)
- Red bell pepper
- Green Onions
- Cooked chicken breast
- Black sesame seeds
The pineapple dip is a sweet addition to this healthy lunch idea. Want to to make it a spicy pineapple sauce? Add extra red pepper flakes and a pinch of cayenne.
Healthy Vegetable Recipes
It’s so important to add vegetables to your diet (I break it down why here). I wanted to add a few more recipes that incorporate more vegetables that you may like. Check these out:
- Thai Chicken Veggie Noodle Salad with Creamy Peanut Dressing
- Marinated 3 Pepper Kale Salad
- 25+ Healthy Recipes Using Cauliflower Rice That are Both Easy and Delicious
- Strawberry Cauliflower Smoothie
Have you ever made homemade spring rolls before? What’s your favorite fillings?
Rainbow Spring Rolls with Pineapple Sauce
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- 1 1/2 cups purple cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 2 avocado sliced
- 1 carrot grated
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken breast sliced
- 2-3 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 1 cup pineapple chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter powder
- 1 garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Sea salt
- Soak a rice paper in a pie dish of water. Jus though to get it wet and so it’s pliable.
- Lay it flat and arrange purple cabbage, pepper, avocado carrot, green onions, and chicken along the centre.
- Roll the bottom up, the top down, then tightly roll across. Set aside. Repeat for all the spring rolls.
- In a blender combine the pineapple, water, apple cider vinegar, garlic, pepper flakes, peanut butter powder, and salt.
The nutrition information is calculated using a third party resource. The accuracy varies on the brands used, weight, portions, etc. This resource should be used as a guide. If you want more accurate information, weigh in grams and log in MFP.
Leave a Reply