If you’re looking for an easy way to cook corn on the cob, why not try your Instant Pot? This Instant Pot Corn on the Cob recipe is so easy and you don’t have to watch a pot from boiling over so you can focus on your main course instead.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
It’s a great idea to batch cook corn on the cob in the pressure cooker because you set it, forget it, and focus on other things. This frees up space on your stove top, bbq, and reduces any indoor heat (this is big deal for those of us who don’t have air conditioning during the summer).
This is one of the simplest recipes ever (I don’t even know if I can even call it a recipe…more like an instruction).
If you don’t have a trivet already for your pressure cooker, you’ll need one of those as well. They’re inexpensive. I found this one on Amazon.
All you need is:
- Corn on the cob (ears of corn, shucked and ready to go)
- Water, broth, or stock. The broth and/or stock will add more flavor to the corn. You can use chicken or vegetable.
- Salt, butter, tajin (or whatever add ons you want to add after it’s cooked).
Does the Instant Pot Overcook the Corn?
Once the pressure cooker comes to pressure, the corn is only cooked for two minutes. You’ll then quick release the vent.
If you cook it any longer the corn could turn mushy and it won’t be as sweet (thanks to the natural sugars turning into starch).
How to Cook Corn on the Stove
If you don’t have an Instant Pot then you can bring a pot of salted water to a boil, add the corn and let it boil for about 10 minutes.
Healthy Summer Side Dishes
Are you looking for more side dish ideas for summer? Here are some healthy and fresh options:
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 3 Pepper Kale Salad
- Baked Carrot Fries
- Roasted Moroccan Carrots
- Garlic Green Beans
- Beet and Carrot Slaw
If you’re bringing this to a BBQ why not try one of these healthier cocktail recipes as well?
How to Cook Corn In the Instant Pot
Here’s how to cook corn on the cob in a pressure cooker. I love this method of cooking because I don’t have to keep my eyes on a boiling pot of water as I cooking and prepare the rest of my family’s dinner.
It’s one less thing I have to worry about, which these days…I’ll take it. I’ll take anything where I’m not on high alert.
Easy Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- 4-6 corn on the cob or however will fit in your pressure cooker
- 1 Cup water or stock
- Get the Instant Pot ready by placing the trivet on the bottom of the pot. Add the corn cobs, stacking vertically. Place as many as you can that will fit in your size pressure cooker. Make sure the lid closes properly.
- Pour the water or stock over top of the corn (stock adds more flavor, you can use chicken or vegetable). Pressure cook on high for 2 minutes and vent with a quick release.