There’s nothing better than a shish kebab on the grill during the summer months. You’re going to love these healthy skewer recipes that are not only perfect for summer but you’ll be craving them year round.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What You Need for Shish Kebabs
There are a few different supplies you could get for your kebabs.
- Wooden or bamboo skewers are popular but remember to soak them in water for at least 30-60 minutes before you grill (or else they will catch on fire).
- Metal skewers are my personal favorite. They’re reusable and there is no added prep to them.
Side Dishes for Skewers
If you’re grilling kebabs and don’t know what to serve as a side dish, here are a few options:
- Roasted Garlic Dill Baby Potatoes
- 100 Healthy Summer Side Dishes
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
You could also do something super easy like veggies and dip (my personal favorite) or a bagged salad from the grocery store. It doesn’t have to be a gourmet, homemade meal to make it healthy.
Vegetables to Cook on Skewers
If you’re looking for what vegetables can you put on skewers and grill, here are a few of my personal favorites:
- Bell peppers (red, orange, green)
- Red onion
- Yellow squash
- Cherry tomatoes
You can also add a ton of flavor with fresh herbs, cut lemon, and sliced pineapple alternated throughout your protein and veggies.
Summer Skewer Recipes
Skewers, kebabs, or kabobs, whichever you prefer to call them, make the perfect meal for BBQs or when you are looking for a quick and easy summer meal that is light and flavorful.
There are so many different ways that you can make skewers. You can add your favorite meats (chicken skewers are my favorite), veggies, and fruits to create something that everyone will love.
Once you have chosen your favorite ingredients, simply grill them for a few minutes and you have a tasty meal.
It doesn’t have to be complicated! You can just grill chicken or steak and throw a sauce over top.
These summer skewer recipes are easy to make and are full of flavour. Friends, family, and guests will love these summer skewers.
Want more summer recipes?
Pair these healthy bbq skewer recipes with these tasty side dishes.
- 72 Hot Weather Recipes to Beat The Heat (2022)
- 35+ Healthy Summer Cocktail Recipes to Sip On with Friends