One of the questions I get asked most from clients is what high protein snacks can I eat? It’s a common occurrence so I wanted to create a roundup of protein snacks for meal prep or something that can be taken right out of the pantry.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Good Protein Snacks from the Store
Not everything has to be made from scratch. Here are some of my favorite store bought go tos (that are some of the best high protein snacks, especially when on the go).
- Built Bars – save 10% with code RANDA – these are my favorite protein bars. If they have the coconut brownie available, go for it – it’s my favorite.
- Organika collagen – save 25% with code RANDAD25 – I use this in my morning coffee to bump the protein up. Read all about the benefits of collagen here.
- Beef Jerky – turkey jerky has less fat then beef, but enjoy what you want here. I’m a teriyaki fan myself.
- Chomps Sticks – similar to jerky but in stick form.
- Bone broth – I’ve tried a couple packaged ones and Lonolife is my favorite so far.
- Cottage Cheese – mix it with fruit, salsa, or whatever you’re in the mood for. Or eat it in it’s own.
- Greek yogurt – you can add more protein by adding some whey protein powder and turn it into a dip for fruit. Add it to your smoothies (like this pineapple avocado smoothie), top your chili with it, or make a apple cinnamon yogurt bowl. Add even more protein by sprinkling chia seeds over top.
- Egg muffins
- Protein powder – whether it’s whey protein or plant based you can get 20-25 grams of protein with one scoop. Try this strawberry cauliflower smoothie (I promise, you won’t even know the cauliflower is in there).
- Eggs – hardboiled or cooked the way you want it.
- String cheese
- Turkey slices – you can use deli meat and either roll it with cream cheese and veggies or try it with hummus!
High Protein Snacks Ideas
Whether it’s high protein low carb snacks or you’re looking for healthy protein snacks there will be something here for you.
I recommend choosing 1 -2 snacks off this list a week and prepping it ahead of time. That way you have a meal prep high protein snack that is done. All you have to do that week is eat it.