This detox salad recipe is bright and summery, thanks to the grapefruit vinaigrette. This summer detox salad bowl hits all the boxes: plant based protein, crunchy roasted chickpeas, avocado, kale, lettuce, topped with a bright grapefruit vinaigrette. You can even make it vegan by not adding the feta cheese!
Salads shouldn’t be little bitty snacks, they need to be a completely meal that will keep you full. By adding healthy fats, plant based protein, and a homemade vinaigrette this detox salad recipe will fuel your day.
Make it for lunch or dinner, either works fine.
Can You Detox from Food?
Short answer: no.
However, you can detox naturally because your body has all the tools to do it for you.
Your body is smart: homeostasis and what not.
What this detox salad does do is fuel your body to work at it’s best. It’s complete with superfoods like kale, chickpeas, grapefruit, etc.
I love making roasted chickpeas at home, they’re perfect for snacks and for using in salads, like this detox salad recipe.
I usually double or triple the batch to have enough on hand, they are a delicious snack!
Hot tip: If you want the chickpeas to be crunchier just bake them for a bit longer.
Grapefruit Vinaigrette Recipe
The grapefruit vinaigrette is incredibly delicious!
It’s bright, summery, and I don’t want to sound like one of “those people” but it legit dances on your tognue.
It lasts for up to 5 days in the fridge so it’s a great dressing to have on hand for your everyday salads, in addition to this summer detox salad.
Want a different citrus vinaigrette? You can swap the grapefruit juice for orange juice for an orange vinaigrette.
Love making your own vinaigrettes? Check out this Homemade Dressings and Vinaigrettes eBook.
Summer Detox Salad Recipe
You may also like:
Pro tip: Did you know that massaging the kale with the vinaigrette helps to make the leaves softer and easier to chew? Give it a try!
Add this to this week’s meal plan!
Speaking of meal plans…
For the roasted chickpeas:
For the salad:
- 2 Cups kale shredded
- 2 Cups lettuce shredded
- ¼ Cup feta cheese crumbled
- ½ Grapefruit segmented
- 1 Avocado sliced
For the dressing
- ⅓ Cup olive oil
- 1 Clove garlic grated
- 2 Tbsp grapefruit juice
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine the chickpeas with the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and paprika. Place onto a baking tray and take to the oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool.
- Prepare the dressing. Mix the olive oil with garlic, salt and pepper, balsamic vinegar and grapefruit juice.
- Assembly the salad: In a bowl mix the kale with the lettuce, pour half of the dressing and massage the leaves. Top with the grapefruit, avocado, roasted chickpeas the feta cheese. Add more dressing if needed.