This twist on a summer barbecue favorite is now one of my go to lunches. Not only is this cheeseburger salad recipe easy to throw together, but it’s also simple to adapt to your favorite veggies and make your own.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
My unpopular opinion of the day is that I don’t like cheese on my burgers.
However, I do enjoy shredded cheese on my salad so this recipe works for not only my husbands cheeseburger loving self, but my odd tastes as well.
So when I had a request to created a cheeseburger salad, I knew I had it.
Here are some additional toppings you can add to your burger bowl:
- green peppers
- poblano peppers
- toasted hamburger buns as croutons
- fried onions
- experiment with different cheeses: cheddar, mozzarella, swiss, etc
For this recipe I used:
- lean ground beef
- red bell peppers
- red onion
- parmesan cheese
- homemade burger sauce dressing
- sesame seeds (or everything but the bagel seasoning)
- sea salt
Burger Bowl Dressing
I prefer a zesty tasty, I love vinegars so I tend to make my dressings and vinaigrettes “sharper”.
If you like it more mellow, you can add more honey to the recipe or only use 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
If you are trying to keep the sugars down, you could try a teaspoon of monk fruit sweetener at a time as well.
I used Primal Kitchen’s Avocado Mayo but you don’t have to, regular mayonnaise works just as well.
How long can I store it in the fridge?
You can store the cheeseburger salad in the fridge for 3-4 days, but do so undressed. Keep the salad dressing in another container. I like to keep all the ingredients separate, so I can arrange them daily.
What meal prep containers do you use?
I don’t have sesame seeds, are they necessary?
No, they’re not. For a substitute for sesame seeds try using the Everything But the Bagel Seasoning but if you do that, use less salt in the recipe. Otherwise, it will be too salty (I know this from experience).
How to Make Cheeseburger Salad
Whipping up this burger salad is simple, and a great idea for meal prep. If you are using this recipe for meal prep, don’t dress the salad until you’re ready to eat it.
Otherwise, it will be soggy.
You don’t want that, it won’t even last a full day then. I personally like to store homemade salad dressings in mason jars. They’re vertical, so they take up less space in your fridge and fit on the doors.
Related: Want to make a full-on gourmet burger? This Banh Mi Burger is it.
Meal Prep Salads and Bowls You’ll Love
Here are a few more recipes here on Randa Nutrition that I know you’ll love.
- Mexican Quinoa Salad Recipe
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls Recipe
- Healthy Chicken Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Turkey Harvest Salad Recipe
This recipe is added to the Dinner Done Daily Vault, where you can meal plan for the whole week in less than 5 minutes. You can find out more here.
- In a skillet, cook the ground beef on medium-high heat with salt and pepper.
Burger Bowl Dressing
- Whisk together all the ingredients while the beef is cooking. Start with 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Taste and adjust the seasonings, if you want it sweeter add more honey. Want more zest? Add the other tablespoon of vinegar. Set aside.
- Assemble all the ingredients together, top with dressing and toss.