If you’re gluten free and miss good ol’ crackers, you’re going to love this quinoa crackers recipe. Whether you love salty crackers straight up or dipping them in hummus or spreading them with toppings, these crackers hold up beautifully!
Quinoa is a staple in our home, we have it as a side dish often. However, quinoa flour is still new to me.
If you’ve never heard of quinoa flour, you can find it in most grocery stores in the natural section (look for Bob’s Red Mill).
You will also find it at your local health food store.
Or you can just order it on Amazon here. This way you don’t don’t have to leave your house.
Cracker Add Ins
This is a homemade cracker recipe that is completely versatile and customizable.
From gluten free herb and garlic crackers to southwestern flavours you can change up this recipe to create new ones with simple swaps.
- Make it sweet by taking out all the savory and adding cinnamon and brown sugar (or coconut sugar).
- Add dill and lemon zest for a bright flavor.
- Add Everything But The Bagel seasoning for a classic, crunchy, flavor.
- Italian seasonings and garlic powder for a zesty cracker.
- Orange zest and cumin for a unique bite.
Experiment and make it work for you!
Is this recipe 21 Day Fix approved?
I have the container counts broken down below, but considering the serving size is only 2 crackers, I think your options are better somewhere else if I’m being totally honest here.
Whole recipe count: 4 yellow, 15 orange.
Per serving (one serving for the containers is 2 crackers): 1/4 yellow, 1 orange.
Quinoa Crackers Recipe
Crunchy, salty, and addictive. You’re going to love this recipe for quinoa crackers!
Tip: Brush the crackers with a bit of olive oil before baking them. This makes them golden and crunchy.
I also like to sprinkle them with more sea salt on top because I love a salty cracker! However, feel free to just omit the salting on top if you are going for a more neutral flavor. The spices are also optional (but super tasty and I encourage you to follow the recipe).
Serve these crackers with:
- Gingerbread Dessert Hummus
- Pot Roast Soup
- Plain hummus
- Cashew Cream Cheese
- Lemon Dill Cashew Cheese
- Romesco Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl combine quinoa flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, rosemary and garlic powder.
- Create a well in the center and add the warm water and olive oil. Mix all the ingredients until you have a soft dough. Add a bit more flour or water if needed.
- Take to the counter and knead the dough for around 5 minutes.
- Flour the surface and with the help of a rolling pin, roll the dough until ¼ inch thick. Transfer to the baking pan and cut small rectangles.
- Pinch with a fork, brush with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Take to the oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
If you like this homemade cracker recipe then make sure you share it with your friends on Pinterest and Facebook. Click the share button below.