This recipe for healthy banana chocolate chip bars is my son’s favorite. He devoured this simple oat bar in record time. Breakfast bars that have no refined sugar, are high in fiber and keep you fueled for your morning. Plus they have chocolate, talk about a win-win!
Banana Chocolate Chip Bars
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These chocolate chip banana bars are going to be a hit in your kitchen. Not just because they taste amazing but because they’re so easy!
I’m always experimenting with gluten free snacks and desserts. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not a baker but I’m pretty pleased how these turned out.
Instead of flour, these chocolate banana bars use gluten free oats and oat flour.
How to make oat flour
If you don’t have oat flour on hand, think again.
All you have to do is add 2 cups of the 4 cups of oats in the recipe to a blender and grind to a flour.
It takes seconds (if you have a high powered blender like this one) or it may take a minute or two with another brand.
Banana Breakfast Bars
To turn this recipe for chocolate chip oatmeal breakfast bars into banana breakfast bars, just opt out of the chocolate.
I didn’t add so much banana where it was overpowering, but you definitely taste it.
You could try adding a little bit more banana and experimenting to suit your tastes and turn the chocolate banana bars into a banana oatmeal bar.
Healthy toddler snacks
I planned to post these as toddler breakfast bars because I made them originally for my 17-month-old daughter.
I like them because I added no refined sugar to the recipe, added healthy fats like coconut oil and hemp hearts, plus there is a small amount of coconut sugar.
They make the perfect healthy toddler granola bars that the whole family will enjoy.
How to make this recipe vegan
I used dark chocolate chips but to ensure that this recipe is dairy free (not all dark chocolate is) look for vegan chocolate chips.
I like the Enjoy Life brand. They have chocolate chunks, chips, and mini chocolate chips that are dairy free and allergy-friendly.
How to make gluten free banana chocolate chip bars
If you like this recipe then you’ll also love these healthy breakfast bars:
Looking for more ideas for breakfast bars?
Stay tuned, I have a whole series coming up (plus a printable PDF I’m working on right now).
Recipes like: peanut butter breakfast bars and more.
Get notified when the recipes are up and sign up for my emails. As a thank you, I’ll send you a 7 Day Weight Loss Jump Start.
Banana Chocolate Chip bars
For the bars
For chocolate drizzle
- 2 tbsps dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking pan (I used a glass loaf pan) with parchment paper or rub down with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Place half of the rolled oats in a blender and blend until you have oat flour. Add to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the rest of the rolled oats, coconut sugar, mashed banana, hemp hearts, chocolate chips, and coconut oil and mix until well incorporated.
- Press the mix into prepared pan with the back of a spoon, making sure it's packed in tight.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool for ten minutes. Run a knife along the edges, then flip onto a cutting board.
- Add the rest of the chocolate chips and melt in the microwave for 30-60 seconds. Pour over the bars. Let cool and slice.