Lemon Poppyseed Overnight Oats
This healthy recipe for meal prep lemon poppyseed overnight oats is so easy! All you have to do it put the ingredients in a jar, stir it, cover, and refrigerate and you have a grab and go breakfast for the week. Gluten free and made with greek yogurt for a boost of protein.
Servings: 1 serving
- 1/2 cup rolled oats or large flake oats/old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup 0% greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup if vegan - more to drizzle when serving if you like it sweet.
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoons poppyseeds
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional: 1/2 scoop protein powder of choice see notes
- optional: slice of lemon to make it pretty.
I have tried both the Lemon Meringue Pie from Alani Nu and a vanilla protein powder in the overnight oats. Both bring something different, both good. I used 1/2 scoop.
If you like the oats sweet, serve with an extra teaspoon or two of honey drizzled over top.
Serving: 1jar | Calories: 392kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 270mg | Potassium: 379mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 11IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 512mg | Iron: 4mg