Roasted Jalapeno Ranch Dressing
Made with fresh herbs and roasted jalapeños, this easy ranch dressing is perfect on salads or as a dipping sauce.
Servings: 16 servings
- 2 jalapeños stems removed
- 1 cup mayonnaise egg free if vegan
- ½ cup 0% plain greek yogurt or sour cream, can sub for vegan
- 2-4 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk or whatever milk of choice
- ¼ cup fresh flat leaf parsley minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ -1 teaspoon garlic salt depending on taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
With the oven broiler or an open flame, cook the jalapeños until the skin is charred and the flesh is tender.
Remove the seeds if desired along with the charred skin (it’s okay if some skin remains) and place in a food processor along with the lemon juice. Blend well.
Transfer the jalapeño puree to a jar along with the remaining ingredients, mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve
Yields: 2 cups. 1 serving is 2 tablespoons.
Dressing vs Dip
If you want this as a dip, you're going to use less liquid (the milk). If you want a jalapeno ranch salad dressing you will want to thin it out with the almond milk (or even water) until you have your desired consistency.
Serving: 2tbsps | Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 231mg | Potassium: 23mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 118IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg